SV Wholeplate / SV Wholeplate E
The 6 1/2 x 8 1/2" version of Ebony's classic folding camera. Constructed entirely of quarter-sawn Macassar ebony heartwood (SV Wholeplate E) or quarter-sawn Honduran mahogany heartwood (SV Wholeplate, pictured above) both aged for at least 20 years. As with all Ebony cameras, the metal parts are made of solid titanium. The uniquely thin and supple yet durable calfskin bellows are hand-made to Ebony's specifications. The hand-strap is made of genuine cordovan leather.
• Ebony (SV Wholeplate E) or mahogany (SV Wholeplate) and titanium construction: no vibration or sway, even at maximum extension. Complete stability is assured.
• The movements, precision and rigidity of a view camera with the portability of a field camera
• Base and center tilts at both front and back
• Huge, triple-draw bellows extension, enabling use of 47XL to 1200mm lenses, and allowing both front and back focus. (Interchangeable wide-angle bellows available as optional accessory)
• 72XL lens may be used with flat board. With 4x5 reducing back 58XL and 65mm lens may be used with flat board, 47XL with recessed board.
• Accepts Sinar-type lensboards, Linhof adapter board included
• Foldable, with 30° drop-bed
• Accepts both 4x5 International Standard and 6x9 Graphic Standard roll film holders (Horseman, Mamiya RB67 etc.) with 4x5 reducing back: format reducing adapter required for 6x9 roll film or instant film holders.
|FORMAT||Wholeplate (6.5" x 8.5", also accepts reducing filmholders 3.7" x 8" and 6.3" x 8" for film cut from 8x10 film)|
|WOOD||Macassar Ebony (SV Wholeplate E) or Mahogany (SV Wholeplate)|
|FOCUSING||Triple-draw rack & pinion (front and back focusing)|
|LENSBOARD||Sinar-type (Linhof adapter board included)|
|CAMERA BACK||Interchangeable vertical/horizontal International Standard|
|FOCUSING SCREEN||Ground glass with 10mm grid|
(levers lock swings and shifts, knobs lock all other movements)
|FRONT||Rise 75mm, Fall 35mm, Shift 50mm+50mm, Swing 20°+20°, Base tilt front 30°, Back 90°, Center tilt 30°+30°|
|BACK||Rise 80mm, Swing 20°+20°, Base tilt front 90°, Back 30°, Center tilt 20°+20°|
|ZERO ("NULL") POSITION RESET||Front swings, front/back center tilts: zero detents
Back rise: lowest position
Front rise/fall: zero position alignment points
Shifts: zero position on scale
Base tilts: zero position notches
|MIN/MAX BELLOWS EXTENSION||120mm (30mm with tilts and rise) - 730mm (830mm with tilts and rise)|
|USABLE LENSES||72XL (flat board) - 1200mm (telephoto)
With 4x5 reducing back: 58XL and 65mm with flat board,
47XL with recessed board
|BACK||Two-way with mirror|
|TRIPOD SOCKETS||Two, each 3/8" with one 1/4" reducing bush|
|WEIGHT||4.0kg (SV Wholeplate) or 6.0kg (SV Wholeplate E)|
|DIMENSIONS||27.0 (h) x 30.0* (w) x 11.0 (l) cm *including knobs|