With its asymmetrical rear tilts and swings, unmatched bellows extension and enormous range of movements, the SV45U2 is a masterpiece of camera engineering. The SV45U2 is superbly crafted from quarter-sawn Macassar ebony heartwood, one of nature's hardest, strongest and most stable construction materials. This extremely dense and straight-grained wood is aged for over 20 years before it is cut, and finished with a premium grade oil to retain its unique natural lustre. The metal parts are made of solid titanium - harder, stronger and lighter than stainless steel. The uniquely thin and supple yet durable calfskin bellows are hand-made to Ebony's specifications. The SV45U2 is quite simply the best folding view camera in the world.
• Ebony and titanium construction: absolutely rigid, even at maximum extension. Complete stability is assured.
• Asymmetrical tilts and swings replace center tilts and swings on back standard allowing perfect focus to be maintained during adjustments.
• The movements, precision and rigidity of a view camera with the portability of a field camera
• Base and asymmetrical tilts at back, base and center tilts at front
• Huge triple-draw bellows extension enabling use of 35mm-800mm lenses, and allowing both front and back focus.
• Universal bellows replace standard bellows, facilitating use of wide-angle lenses (Interchangeable wide-angle bellows also available as optional accessory)
• 35mm lens may be used with recessed lensboard
• Foldable, with 30° drop-bed
• Accepts Linhof-type 4x5 lensboards
• Accepts both 4x5 International Standard and 6x9 Graphic Standard roll film holders (Horseman, Mamiya RB67 etc.): format reducing adapter required for 6x9 roll film or instant film holders.
|FORMAT||International Standard 4x5 inch. Accepts all International Standard sheet film holders: Polaroid 405, 545, 550, Fuji Instant MS45, PA45, and all Graphic Standard roll film holders.|
|FOCUSING||Triple-draw rack & pinion (front and back focusing)|
|CAMERA BACK||Interchangeable vertical/horizontal International Standard|
|FOCUSING SCREEN||Fresnel lens with 10mm grid, protective glass|
(levers lock swings and shifts, knobs lock all other movements)
|FRONT||Rise 42mm, Fall 23mm, Shift 32mm+32mm, Swing 20°+20°, Base tilt front 30°, back 90°, Center tilt 30°+30°|
|BACK||Rise 45mm, Shift 50mm+50mm, Asymmetrical Swing 20°+20°, Base tilt front 90°, back 30°, Asymmetrical tilt 20°+20°|
|ZERO ("NULL") POSITION RESET||Front swings, center/asymmetrical tilts: zero detents
Back rise: lowest position
Front rise/fall: zero position alignment points
Shifts: zero position on scale
Base tilts: zero position notches
|MIN/MAX BELLOWS EXTENSION||85mm (55mm with tilts and rise) - 510mm (590mm with tilts and rise)|
|USABLE LENSES||35mm* - 800mm (telephoto)
*35mm - 47mm (except 47XL) lenses require recessed lensboard
|BACK||Two-way with mirror|
|TRIPOD SOCKETS||Two, each 3/8" with one 1/4" reducing bush|
|DIMENSIONS||22.5 (h) x 20.5* (w) x 10 (l) cm *including knobs|