The SV45U is superbly crafted from quarter-sawn Macassar ebony heartwood, one of nature's hardest, strongest and most stable construction materials. This extremely dense and straight-grained wood is aged for over 20 years before it is cut, and finished with a premium grade oil to retain its unique natural lustre. The metal parts are made of solid titanium - harder, stronger and lighter than stainless steel. The uniquely thin and supple yet durable calfskin bellows are hand-made to Ebony's specifications.
The SV45U has the same asymmetrical rear tilts and swings as the SV45U2, but has no rear shift, is supplied with standard bellows, and is lighter and more compact.
• Ebony and titanium construction: absolutely rigid, even at maximum extension. Complete stability is assured.
• The movements, precision and rigidity of a view camera with the portability of a field camera
• Asymmetrical tilts and swings replace center tilts and swings on back standard allowing perfect focus to be maintained during adjustments.
• View camera performance, field camera portability
• Base and asymmetrical tilts at back, base and center tilts at front
• Huge triple-draw bellows extension enabling use of 35mm-720mm lenses, and allowing both front and back focus. Interchangeable wide-angle bellows also available as optional accessory.
• 35/38mm lens may be used with recessed lensboard
• Foldable, with 30° drop-bed
• Compatible with Linhof-type 4x5 lensboards
• Accepts both 4x5 International Standard and 6x9 Graphic Standard roll film holders (Horseman, Mamiya RB67 etc.): format reducing adapter required for 6x9 roll film or instant film holders.
|FORMAT||International Standard 4x5 inch. Accepts all International Standard sheet film holders: Polaroid 405, 545, 550, Fuji Instant MS45, PA45, and all Graphic Standard roll film holders.|
|FOCUSING||Triple-draw rack & pinion (front and back focusing)|
|CAMERA BACK||Interchangeable vertical/horizontal International Standard|
|FOCUSING SCREEN||Fresnel lens with 10mm grid, protective glass|
(levers lock swings and shifts, knobs lock all other movements)
|FRONT||Rise 42mm, Fall 23mm, Shift 32mm+32mm, Swing 20°+20°, Base tilt front 30°, back 90°, Center tilt 30°+30°|
|BACK||Rise 45mm, Asymmetrical Swing 20°+20°, Base tilt front 90°, back 30°, Asymmetrical tilt 20°+20°|
|ZERO ("NULL") POSITION RESET||Front swings, center/asymmetrical tilts: zero detents
Back rise: lowest position
Front rise/fall: zero position alignment points
Shifts: zero position on scale
Base tilts: zero position notches
|MIN/MAX BELLOWS EXTENSION||85mm (55mm with tilts and rise) - 445mm (530mm with tilts and rise)|
|USABLE LENSES||35mm* - 800mm (telephoto)
*35mm - 47mm (except 47XL) lenses require recessed lensboard
|BACK||Two-way with mirror|
|TRIPOD SOCKETS||Two, each 3/8" with one 1/4" reducing bush|
|DIMENSIONS||19 (h) x 21* (w) x 10 (l) cm *including knobs|