The Ebony 57SUE is a non-folding 5x7 inch view camera with asymmetrical rear tilts and swings. It is hand-made from 20-year-old quarter-sawn Macassar ebony heartwood and solid titanium, and features calfskin bellows and a leather hand-strap. A unique quadruple-draw rack and pinion focusing system allows the use of up to 500mm telephoto lenses.
• Ebony and titanium construction: no vibration or sway, even at maximum extension. Complete stability is assured.
• Asymmetrical tilts and swings allow perfect focus to be maintained during adjustments
• The movements, precision and rigidity of a view camera with the portability of a field camera
• Unique quadruple-draw bellows extension, enabling use of 47XL-500mm lenses, and allowing both front and back focus.
• 72XL lens may be used with flat board. With 5x7->4x5 reducing back 58XL and 65mm lens may be used with flat board, 47XL with recessed board.
• Accepts Sinar-type lensboards, Linhof adapter board included
• Accepts both 4x5 International Standard and 6x9 Graphic Standard roll film holders (Horseman, Mamiya RB67 etc.) with 5x7->4x5 reducing back: format reducing adapter required for 6x9 roll film or instant film holders.
|FORMAT||International Standard 5x7 inch|
|FOCUSING||Quadruple-draw rack & pinion (front and back focusing)|
|LENSBOARD||Sinar-type (Linhof adapter board included)|
|CAMERA BACK||Interchangeable vertical/horizontal International Standard|
|FOCUSING SCREEN||Ground glass with 10mm grid|
(levers lock swings and shifts, knobs lock all other movements)
|FRONT||Rise 60mm, Fall 45mm, Shift 50mm+50mm, Swing 30°+30°,
Center tilt 20°+20°
|BACK||Rise 50mm, Asymmetrical Swing 20°+20°, Asymmetrical tilt 20°+20°|
|ZERO ("NULL") POSITION RESET||Front swings, front/back tilts: zero detents
Back rise: lowest position
Front rise/fall: zero position alignment points
Shifts: zero position on scale
|MIN/MAX BELLOWS EXTENSION||56-395mm|
|USABLE LENSES||72XL (flat board) - 500mm (telephoto)
With 4x5 reducing back: 58XL and 65mm with flat board,
47XL with recessed board
|BACK||Two-way with mirror|
|TRIPOD SOCKETS||Two, each 3/8" with one 1/4" reducing bush|
|DIMENSIONS||30.0 (h) x 27.5* (w) x 13.0 (l) cm *including knobs|