The remarkable Ebony 45SU is a non-folding 4x5 inch view camera with asymmetrical rear tilts and swings. It is hand-made from 20-year-old quarter-sawn Macassar ebony heartwood and solid titanium, and features calfskin bellows and a genuine cordovan leather strap. (A custom-built mahogany version is also available.) A unique quadruple-draw rack and pinion focusing system allows the use of up to 500mm telephoto lenses. With its huge range of movements, generous bellows extension, and unparalleled ease of use, the Ebony 45SU is a camera without equal.
• Ebony and titanium construction: no vibration or sway, even at maximum extension. Complete stability is assured.
• Asymmetrical tilts and swings allow perfect focus to be maintained during adjustments
• The movements, precision and rigidity of a view camera with the portability of a field camera
• Unique quadruple-draw bellows extension, enabling use of 35mm-500mm lenses, and allowing both front and back focus.
• Universal bellows replace Standard bellows, facilitating use of wide-angle lenses. (Interchangeable Wide-angle bellows available as optional accessory)
• 35/38mm lens may be used with recessed lensboard
• Compatible with Linhof-type 4x5 lensboards
• Accepts both 4x5 International Standard and 6x9 Graphic Standard roll film holders (Horseman, Mamiya RB67 etc.): format reducing adapter required for 6x9 roll film or instant film holders.
|FORMAT||International Standard 4x5 inch. Accepts all International Standard sheet film holders: Polaroid 405, 545, 550, Fuji Instant MS45, PA45, and all Graphic Standard roll film holders.|
|FOCUSING||Quadruple-draw rack & pinion (front and back focusing)|
|CAMERA BACK||Interchangeable vertical/horizontal International Standard|
|FOCUSING SCREEN||Fresnel lens with 10mm grid, protective glass|
(levers lock swings and shifts, knobs lock all other movements)
|FRONT||Rise 70mm, Fall 30mm, Shift 40mm+40mm, Swing 45°+45°,
Center tilt 30°+30°
|BACK||Rise 40mm, Shift 50mm+50mm, Asymmetrical Swing 20°+20°, Asymmetrical tilt 20°+20°|
|ZERO ("NULL") POSITION RESET||Front swings, front/back tilts: zero detents
Back rise: lowest position
Front rise/fall: zero position alignment points
Shifts: zero position on scale
|MIN/MAX BELLOWS EXTENSION||58-365mm|
|USABLE LENSES||35mm* - 500mm (telephoto)
*35mm - 47mm lenses (except 47XL) require recessed lensboard
|BACK||Two-way with mirror|
|TRIPOD SOCKETS||Two, each 3/8" with one 1/4" reducing bush|
|WEIGHT||2.6kg (mahogany version 2.3kg)|
|DIMENSIONS||23.0 (h) x 20.5* (w) x 12.0 (l) cm *including knobs|